Saturday, March 5, 2011

New weekend project...

My new project...

This great chaise lounge I picked up at the Junk Salvation Show last month.  My friend Diane (Molly Mo's)got me a screaming deal on it.  The chair has really great bones to it but it needs an overhaul.  I had originally envisioned this chaise in a dove gray canvas but when I got down to it today I fell in love with this champagne silk that I dug out of my mom's closet of magic.  It never ceases to amaze me what she can pull out of that closet of hers.  I have learned two things recently NEVER go to the store without first checking mom's closet and the second is whatever I do find is ALWAYS cheaper to get from her than at the store. (it's either free or I can put it on mommycredit to pay at a later date) 

In starting my project today I got out some wrapping paper and made temporary patterns.  I then cut out the patterns giving lots of allowance for mistakes.


Next I laid out the fabric pieces on the chair where they would eventually go.


My mom and I spent several hours pinning and re-pinning the pieces together.
Then finally sewed the pieces together.

My mom's mischievous cat Charlie thought it would test out the chaise tonight after I was finished for the day.  Why didn't I think of that? (probably cause there are like 50 pins still in that pillow)  I have several more steps to do but this is as far as I got today. 

I hope to finish up tomorrow and I'll post to show how it all came together.  I'm hoping that I got through the tough stuff today because it was a LOT more challenging of a project than I had originally anticipated.  I'm not good at slow and stead wins the race.  I'm more a hurry up and lets get to the next thing kind of person. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear from you!