Monday, February 28, 2011

Barn House Inspiration

This last weekend I headed up to Battleground Washington with my mom and friend Kim.  As usual those Barn House Boys really know how to stage a venue.  I have a new favorite in Sparrow too who was their guest vendor for the show.  Everything was so fresh with clean lines yet maintain that warm and open feeling you get with all their sales.  I did come away with some great finds for my house and some inspiration for some new pillows that I have been pondering.  Here's how my pillows turned out...

Basket to the left is a Barn House find.

The buttons on the ticking pillows are actually black checker pieces that I drilled holes into to create upcycled buttons.  The fabric was from some drapes that I tore apart.

This great 70's fabric was one of my purchases from the Ruffles and Rust show I went to last week.

Extra large queen size pillow with checker buttons.

Thanks for checking in!

2 comments :

  1. Checkers for buttons?? Genius!! I love that idea and may need to borrow (aka steal) it :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steal away. Out of my desperation came inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear from you!