Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fun weekend creations

This weekend started off really creative for me. Last night I felt like a Pirate in a treasure box. I've been stocking up on fun vintage embellishments and chains for awhile now but i just haven't been in the "creative mode" lately. So when I opened the rubber maid container and started digging I couldn't stop. I made about 10 upcycled necklaces but here are just a couple to get the idea...






Then this morning I dug through my storage and found this great laundry basket frame. I had intended to make this into a cool light fixture but decided to stick with the basket but give it an airy french feel to it. I really like how it turned out.



Then came the project that I actually intended to do all along... My tree skirt for this year. I saw one at the Tarte Sale in Oregon City last month and I loved it. It was made out of white linen and had a ton of ruffles to it and was adorable. So I filed it away in my to do list in my brain and just got to it this weekend. I instead went on the cheaper range of fabrics and chose canvas and went a little more understated with only a fringe ruffle. But its simplicity is perfect for me.



Thanks for checking out this weekend's projects!







1 comment :

  1. Love the necklace and the basket! Your tree skirt turned out perfect. Have a Merry Christmas... Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear from you!