Saturday, April 23, 2011

Big make over at the barn

So I have been working all week on various projects at the barn. I am striving for a complete overhaul but I think with the time remaining before our Grand Spring Opening I am going to have to settle for a make-over instead.  I have started with taking out all my props and am down to ground zero. 

Here is a picture of the ceiling earlier today.

I have added a little elegance and whimsy with some cream Georgette sheer fabric that I salvaged from my wedding 2 years ago.  I layered the sheers and tacked it to the rafters below my existing twinkle lights.  I love how it adds so much texture.  Here is the after picture (sorry it's kinda blurry)

I have also covered 2/3rds of the barn walls with 1x6 wood fencing that I salvaged from my uncle who was building a new fence a couple years ago. (it's been sitting out behind the barn for that long just waiting for me to re-purpose it much to my parents delight)  Thanks Uncle Dave!  If anyone you know is looking to get rid of fencing I do need a bit more so let me know.

On to another project that I finished up today as well...

Remember that really cute green house that I built a couple weeks ago?  Well I sold it at the show last week but the buyer wanted to make several modifications.  So here's what we came up with just before Easter...
An adorable bunny palace!  Complete with a pull out drawer to catch the waste.  I have another on order but with a little different design.  I'll probably start that little project later next week.  I'll be sure to post the pictures of that one too.

Okay to finish this post off I thought I would do a couple BEFORE and AFTERS.  I just love the miracle of paint and hardware.

BEFORE

AFTER

 BEFORE

AFTER
Thanks for visiting today and HAPPY EASTER!



4 comments :

  1. You have certainly been busy...it is looking great. I am looking forward to the big day♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What time will the "soiree" be n May 6th? details???

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Spring Opening at the Barn will be from 4-9pm on Friday May 6th. Cost is a $5 cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear from you!