Monday, January 6, 2014

First Birthday for Miss A!

So Birthday parties and well any parties are kinda my "thing".  I absolutely adore planning them, putting them on, and pouring over pictures later.  I have had 11 years of boy parties which have been fun but when we found out that we were expecting a girl I was over the moon!  Girl parties are SOOOOOOOOO much fun and have SOOOOOOOO many possibilities.

For her 1st Birthday I wanted to do a "crown" theme.

Starting with the Invitation is a good start kinda sets the stage for the party.  
Here is How Miss A's turned out
These were the sites that I used for inspiration.
For the invitations I used this blog as an inspiration HERE     
For the monogram I used this store as inspiration HERE

On to the PARTY!

I did get really carried away with Pinterest this time.  You can check out my "Birthday Girl" page and grab some more ideas there.












These tassels were a wonderful texture and a pop of color.
HERE is a really great tutorial on how to make them



Everyone loves a good "Cake Smash"
Miss A didn't really get into it though she was too proper

 She ended up trying to touch the candle though but we did catch her in time



 She was a little hesitant about trying to touch the cake again though


Eventually she got it...





I Adore this face... "You are NOT going to take this away" 

As the party winded down so did our sugar highed baby and it was time to take a nap.  As I was changing her to put her to bed when my mom snapped this last picture of her and it was my absolute favorite of the day


Hope this inspires you!



 

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness - I loved everything about her party ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely party and your little girl looks beautiful :)

    Catherine Vargas
    Vintage Girls
    www.vindiebaby.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love to hear from you!